What is Performed During Infrared Thermography Testing of Electrical Panels?
Electrical switch-gear and panels are the bloodline to supply electricity throughout commercial, manufacturing and industrial buildings. Without it, production stops and money is lost. Infrared is a proven tool to identify electrical problems prior to failure, allowing our clients to take proactive steps to prevent costly and sometimes dangerous electrical outages.
Infrared thermography testing is a way of examining electrical components by attaining heat distribution images.
Benefits of Doing Thermography Testing of Electrical Panel:
- Determines if the components and system have been properly installed and are not damaged
- Reduces downtime
- Reduces risk of equipment failure
- Increases safety
- Improves insurability
- Reduces liability exposure of the designers and installers
- Improves system performance
- Determines whether components and systems operate properly and meet the design intent
- Determines if components and systems are in compliance with the project specifications and design
- Reduces construction schedule delays
- Saves money
This testing method is based on the fact that most components in a system show an increase in temperature when malfunctioning. The increase in temperature in an electrical circuit could be due to lose connections or a worn bearing in the case of mechanical equipment. By observing the heat patterns in operational system components, faults can be located and their seriousness evaluated.
Ennis Brothers has numerous years of experience performing thermography testing of electrical panels in UAE for commercial, industrial, manufacturing facilities, college and universities, power generation plants, overhead power-lines, utility sub stations, maritime vessels, water treatment facilities, churches, data centers, medical facilities, hospitals and more. Carelabs have the experience and skill needed to precisely detect and record a wide range of electoral issues occurring in electrical systems.